Not all smoothies are created equal. Some are indulgent, some are boozy, some are packed with leafy greens, some are mostly fruit. No matter the smoothie, you can up the health intake by adding superfood boosts. What’s a superfood boost? It’s a nutrient-dense food that provides a host of health benefits like essential vitamins and minerals. Get to know some of our favorites and pick some up the next time you’re at the grocery store or shopping online, they’re more readily available than you’d think.
6 Superfoods You Should Add to Your Smoothie
- Maca – Maca is typically available in a powder form, but it actually comes from a root that originates in Peru. It contains protein, fat, fiber, and iron. Maca comes in different varieties, including maca root powder, gelatinized maca powder, and mixed with other products, such as cocoa. The flavor is slightly nutty and goes almost unnoticed in smoothies. Try adding 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of maca to your smoothie!
- Raw Cacao – If you’d like to incorporate a chocolatey taste into your smoothies without the added sugar or milk found in chocolate, try cacao powder or cacao nibs! They contain a plethora of nutrients including flavonols, which have been shown to support cardiovascular health. Top your smoothies with cacao nibs for a crunch or blend it up the next time that chocolate craving hits!
- Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is an important herb of Ayurveda, commonly known as being an adaptogen. Sold in powder form, it may boost immunity, mood, and energy. Ashwagandha goes great in smoothies, and you can even add it to your morning coffee with a dash of cinnamon!
- Nutribullet Organic Pea Protein Blend – There are a ton of protein powders out there, ours is designed to be organic, vegan, and clean, meaning it’s made with simple, pronounceable, nutrient-packed ingredients. This includes sacha inchi, which is a plant-based protein source, along with quinoa and peas. Thanks to its vanilla flavor, our protein powder goes well in just about every smoothie.
- NutriBullet SuperFood SuperBoost – This superfood powder eliminates the work of having to buy several different ingredients. This pouch is full of cacao, chia, maca, and goji berries. It’s all ground up, so it blends easily, adding a great boost of nutrients to any smoothie. The blend is affordable and a great item to have in your pantry. You can also add it to warm milk of your choice for a hot and chocolatey superfood drink!
- NutriBullet SuperFood Cleansing Greens – This is another great boost to add more greens and nutrients to your smoothies! It’s a combination of chlorella, spirulina, wheatgrass, and alfalfa – all antioxidant-rich ingredients that help to protect against cellular damage. If you don’t feel like adding leafy greens to your smoothie, try adding a serving of this powder instead!
Superfood-Packed Smoothie Recipes
- Ashwagandha N’ Greens Smoothie – A great way to start incorporating ashwagandha into your smoothie routine! Nutritious and so good!
- Banana Spinach Dream Team – This recipe contains our Superfood Cleansing Greens, but you wouldn’t be able to taste it! Great for picky eaters who want a boost of antioxidants!
- Chia Coconut Champ – This anti-inflammatory smoothie contains fantastic ingredients that are great for weight loss!
Adding superfoods to your smoothies is a fun and easy way to give your body a powerful dose of nutrients! Try raw cacao nibs whenever those chocolate cravings hit, or add the NutriBullet SuperFood Cleansing Greens for a healthy dose of greens and antioxidants. There’s a superfood out there for everyone!
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.