Having a proper breakfast sets the tone for your entire day. That’s why breakfast is the most important meal of the day – it can help keep you energized, full, and mentally ready for anything. But skip breakfast, and you may face your worst self: tired, cranky, low on energy, and craving sweet and salty snacks that can lead to unwanted weight gain.
Combat this fatigue and manage your weight by making sure you get your essential daily nutrients first thing in the morning! Enjoying a balanced breakfast helps kick-start your metabolism and puts your body back in its natural rhythm after a night of fasting while you slept.
Top 4 Reasons Smoothies Make the Best Breakfast
1. Easy to Make
Think back to your excuse generator for skipping breakfast; the most common reason is probably that you just didn’t have the time. Smoothies can be a time-saving force here. All you have to do is make sure your fridge is stocked with fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, toss them in your NutriBullet cup, and in seconds, you have a smoothie that’ll fill you up and lift your mood.
NutriBullet Balance makes creating your perfect morning smoothie quick and easy! Its patented technology does all the busy work for you, calculating the calories, fats, carbs, and nutrients in real-time while delivering personalized recipes with your wellness goals and eating preferences in mind. No thinking required!
With the NutriBullet, the cup you use to blend your smoothie can be the same cup you drink from. Simply screw on a flip-top to-go lid and take it with you – no mess and no cleanup. Whether you’re on your way out the door or staying in, smoothies travel well, making them convenient no matter what your morning is like.
Smoothies can be healthy and still taste good. Naturally sweet fruits and good-for-you fats take a bitter green mess and turn it into a delightful, rich, fulfilling experience for your taste buds. Cheers to that!
NutriBullet smoothies extract nutrients, allowing your body to absorb those nutrients quicker. Start your day with a smoothie to give your body the right balance of macronutrients — protein, carbs, and fats — for optimal energy efficiency, weight loss, and general health.
With the NutriBullet Balance and its SMART sensor scale, you can track those macronutrients, as well as the calories, sugars, and fiber, going into your smoothies as you add each ingredient. The app also offers over a hundred nutrient-packed recipes to help you achieve your health goals.
The Best Ingredients to Add to Your Morning Smoothie
Add each of the following components to your morning smoothie to take your health and wellbeing to the next level.
- Protein – Protein is essential in the creation and maintenance of lean muscle mass. Most people pack their protein in at dinner time, but eating a day’s worth of protein all at once can be a waste since your body can only use so much at one time. Find the right sources of protein to up the content of your morning smoothie: plant-based, vegan protein powders, nut butters, and additions like protein-abundant broccoli.
- Fat – Fat is the most nutritionally dense macronutrient, meaning it provides the most energy in the least amount of food. It also plays a big role in nutrient and macronutrient absorption, helping you to stay full for longer and prevent those midday cravings. Enjoy healthy fats like avocado, nuts, or coconut oil.
- Carbohydrates – Always opt for complex carbs that contain the fiber necessary to help regulate the release of sugar into your bloodstream, these provide your body with a sustainable, long-term source of energy throughout the day. Pick low-glycemic fruits, about one to two per smoothie, for a healthy carbohydrate option that’ll fuel you better than those simple carb-loaded breakfast sandwiches you’re used to. Stick to berries and apples; even citrus fruits, like orange and grapefruit, can do the trick.
With the NutriBullet Balance, getting the right nutrients in the right amount doesn’t get any easier. Having these nutrients in one jam-packed drink first thing in the morning can set the stage for a day of nutritional success and put you on track towards your health and weight goals. It’s what your body wants, so get to it!
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.