Flex your culinary skills. Make your own homemade almond milk. Homemade versions provide an added bonus since they don’t contain any additional thickeners, additives, or artificial ingredients.
- 3 cupAlmonds – raw, soaked for 4 hours
- 6 cupWater
- 2 tspVanilla Extract
- Soak almonds in water for 4 hours (max 6 hours).
- Strain and rinse almonds. Add soaked almonds and ½ cup water to the pitcher, cover with pitcher lid and PULSE to break up into a thick paste.
- Select LOW and blend for one minute.
- Add the remaining water and vanilla.
- Select HIGH and blend for two minutes.
- Strain liquid through a milk bag, fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a resealable glass container. The milk will keep fresh up to 3 days.
- Keep the remaining paste as a nut flour to use for baking, if desired.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.