Inspired by almond jelly, a popular Chinese dessert often served with fruits or jams, this almond panna cotta with fresh raspberry coulis is a light and tasty addition to any Chinese New Year feast! Almond milk is a highly nutritious, low calorie, dairy-free substitute that contains roughly 65 to 80 percent fewer calories than cow milk. Almond milk is also high in vitamin E and calcium, which are essential for a well-balanced body. Almonds are usually seen as a Chinese New Year motif, with almond cookies symbolizing good luck and fortune. Add this light almond panna cotta to the dinner spread to kick off a year of good health, too!
- 1 cupAlmond Milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbspAgave Nectar
- 1 tspAlmond Extract
- 1/2 tspVanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbspGelatin, dry mix, unsweetened
- 1 cupRaspberries
- 1/4 tspHoney
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine almond milk, agave, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Stir continually, taking care not to allow the mixture to boil.
- Once combined, reduce heat to low, remove two tablespoons of the almond milk mixture into a small ramekin, add gelatin powder and stir until all gelatin granules have dissolved.
- Add the mixture in the ramekin back into the saucepan to combine thoroughly. Increase heat to medium and use a whisk to ensure all the gelatin granules are melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Spray two small ramekins or bowls with non-stick cooking spray, then wipe out excess with a paper towel. This process will ensure your panna cotta will pop out with ease when fully set.
- Divide milk mixture between two cups and refrigerate for 60 minutes. You can speed up the process by placing cups in the freezer for the first 15 minutes to bring the temperature down rapidly.
- To make the raspberry coulis, add raspberries and honey into your NutriBullet and blend for 20 seconds. Pour mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Once the panna cotta has set, the top will quickly release upon touching it.
- Serve with the fresh raspberry coulis or with your favorite fruits.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.