Moist and tender, these little muffins are great for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- 2Carrot – chopped
- 2Eggs, whole large – or flax "egg" (see directions)
- 1 tspVanilla Extract
- 1 cupApplesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1 tspBaking Soda
- 1 cupWhole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cupOats, rolled, gluten-free
- Add the carrots, eggs (or flax eggs), vanilla, and applesauce to the Batchbowl and mix well.
- To make flax eggs, mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of water and let the mixture thicken in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. This is equivalent to one egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, whole wheat flour, and oats.
- Fold in the wet carrot-apple mixture to the dry ingredients, careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased mini-muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 F for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.