Asparagus is an excellent source of antioxidants, a must-have in your baby's diet. Blend it with creamy avocado and yogurt for a simple but nutrient-packed snack for your baby. Recommended age: 9 to 12 months.
- 1/2 cupAsparagus, raw – cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cupWater
- 2 tbspYogurt, plain, low-fat – or cottage cheese
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes. Cool and dry.
- Pit the avocado and remove the skin.
- Add the cooled asparagus, avocado, water, and yogurt to the Batchbowl. Blend until smooth.
- Note: Do not put hot ingredients in any of the sealed blending vessels.
- Refrigerate in the Date Dial Cups of freeze in the Freezer Tray.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.