Fudgy, chocolatey, and oh so indulgent, these brownies will make you forget that there are black beans and lentils packed inside. Don't believe us? Give the recipe a try. This sweet treat is gluten-free, protein-rich, and a chocolate lover's dream!
- 1 cupOats, rolled, gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cupBlack Beans, canned, no salt added – drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cupBlack Lentils, canned, no salt added – drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cupCocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tspSea Salt
- 1 cupMaple Syrup
- 1/2 cupCoconut Oil
- 1 tbspVanilla Extract
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1 cupChocolate Chips – combination of semi-sweet and dark
- 1/2 cupChocolate Chips – optional, for presentation
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pulse oats to a fine powder for about 10 seconds and set aside.
- Combine oat powder with remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and baking powder, and blend until completely smooth.
- Mix in the baking powder and stir in one cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8x16 pan.
- Optional: Sprinkle extra chocolate chips (a mix of semi-sweet and dark) over the top.
- Bake brownies for 15 to 18 minutes, and then let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.