Leeks aren't only flavorful, they're also full of fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Combined with onions, spinach, turmeric, and paprika, you have a savory veggie soup, perfect for those cool fall days. Top with roasted chickpeas for an added crunch!
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 Leeks
- 1/2 Onion, raw
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 2 tsp Olive Oil – divided
- 1 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 2 cup Vegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 11/2 cup Garbanzo Beans – rinsed and strained
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp Paprika, ground
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place leeks and onions onto a sheet pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and toss together. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Allow ingredients to cool completely to room temperature, 21°C/70°F or less, and then add to the NutriBullet Rx Soup Pitcher.
- Add the cooked and cooled leeks and onions to the NutriBullet Rx soup pitcher with the spinach, vegetable stock, and almond milk and extract on the 7-Minute Heated Cycle.
- While the soup is heating, heat the rest of the olive oil in a small sauté pan on the stove to medium-high heat, and add the chickpeas, turmeric, and paprika and stir frequently until the chickpeas start to brown, about 3 minutes.
- When the soup is done cooking, pour into a bowl and top with chickpeas.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.