Sweet, nutty, and perfectly spiced, these no-bake carrot cake bites are the perfect healthy snacks to satisfy any sweet tooth. Each bite is packed with satiating oats, heart-healthy flax seeds, sweet dates, warm spices, and more to keep your body and your taste buds happy.
- 1 cupOats, rolled, gluten-free
- 1/2 cupFlax Seeds
- 1/2 cupDates, pitted
- 1 cupWalnut, roasted, unsalted – or nuts of your choice, such as pecans
- 2Carrot – finely chopped, or two cups shredded
- 2 tspVanilla Extract
- 1/4 tspSea Salt
- 1 tspCinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tspGinger Root, ground
- 1/4 tspNutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cupCoconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded
- 4 tbspCoconut Butter – softened
- 1/4 cupCoconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded, to roll the bites in
- Pulse oats and flax seeds to a coarse powder and set aside.
- Pulse dates and walnuts, or nuts of your choice, to desired consistency and set aside.
- Add carrots and pulse until bite-sized.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of coconut shreds, and mix to combine.
- Roll into bite-sized balls, roughly 1-inch in diameter.
- On a separate plate, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut shreds and roll each bite to cover the outside.
- Place bites on a baking tray or pan and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Transfer to an airtight container once hardened.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.