Macaroni and cheese will inevitably become one of your child’s favorite foods, so why not embrace it? Infuse your mac and cheese with some puréed cauliflower to give it a nutritional boost. Recommended age: 1 year and up
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower, chopped and steamed – cooled
- 2 tbsp Milk, whole
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted – softened
- 1 1/2 cup Macaroni Noodles – whole grain, cooked
- 1/8 cup Spinach – finely chopped, optional
- Add thoroughly cooled cauliflower and milk to the Batchbowl. Puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the noodles and spinach) to the Batchbowl and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until melted and warm throughout.
- Toss in cooked macaroni noodles and stir until sauce is evenly distributed. Fold in spinach if desired.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.