Nothing beats homemade hummus...NOTHING. Enjoy this protein-packed dip with whole-grain pita chips or a rainbow of freshly cut veggies like carrots, celery, and radishes!
- 3 cupGarbanzo Beans – drained and rinsed
- 2Garlic, clove
- 1/4 cupLemon Juice
- 2 tspLemon Juice
- 1/4 cupOlive Oil
- 1/4 cupWater
- 2 tbspWater
- 1/2 cupTahini
- 1/2 tspSea Salt
- 1/4 tspCumin, ground
- Add all ingredients to the pitcher and cover with the pitcher lid — vented lid cap removed.
- PULSE three times for 2 seconds each pulse until liquid is incorporated into the mixture, then switch to MEDIUM and blend for 45 seconds or until the hummus reaches your desired consistency.
- If you find ingredients are not blending evenly, insert the tamper through the hole in the pitcher lid and stir to redistribute the contents.
- Tip: for smoother hummus, blend longer; for chunkier hummus, blend for 30 seconds.
- You can store the hummus in the fridge for 4 to 7 days.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.