Rich in heart-healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants, flax seeds pack a nutritional punch and are an excellent addition to your diet. But did you know that you can make the creamiest dairy-free milk with flax seeds? Give this quick and easy recipe a try and see for yourself!
- 1/2 cupFlax Seeds
- 2 cupWater
- Soak flax seeds in water overnight, or for at least four hours. Strain before using.
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- Strain the flax milk in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Pour into an airtight bottle or jar with a lid. Store in the fridge until ready to use, no longer than seven days.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.