Sweet and bright, the flavors of this nutritious smoothie will take you to an island paradise, where the sun doesn't set, and the desserts won't weigh you down! Pomegranates are just disappearing off shelves, but if you still have one lying around - or can find frozen pomegranate - you're in luck! Pomegranates are good sources of vitamins A, C, and E, and contain high levels of folic acid and fiber. They're known to boost heart health and may have anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut is the other star in this recipe! Rich in vitamins C and E, as well as multiple B-vitamins, they also contain iron, calcium, and selenium. Coconut milk makes a great alternative to regular dairy milk and adds a great, creamy flavor to any recipe.
- 1 cupSpinach
- 1Banana, frozen
- 1/2 cupPomegranate Seeds
- 1 cupAlmond Milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cupCoconut Milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cupCoconut, unsweetened flakes
- 1/2 tspCinnamon, ground
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.