You likely don't need much convincing to make this guacamole recipe, but here you go: not only does this classic dip taste great, but the heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats from the avocados are incredibly good for you, too. It's also a cinch to whip up!
- 1/2 Onion, raw – red, quartered
- 3 Garlic, clove
- 1/2 cup Cilantro – packed, no stems
- 2 Jalapeno Pepper – deseeded, quartered
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice – or one lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 2 Avocado – peeled, pitted, and quartered
- Add all ingredients, except for the avocado, into the pitcher. Pulse 3 times until ingredients are minced down. Scape down between pulses if necessary.
- Add avocado. Pulse until all ingredients are broken down and incorporated into a thick guacamole consistency. Scrape down between pulses if necessary.
- Pour into a serving bowl, garnish, and enjoy with some traditional tortilla chips!
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.