Did you know that you can blend frozen bananas into a rich and creamy ice cream texture? Best. Discovery. Ever. But let’s take that up a notch and combine it with another beloved dessert: red velvet cake. The good news is that this Red Velvet Nice Cream is made with nutritious ingredients to keep you and your heart healthy! Frozen bananas create a creamy and sweet base while heart-healthy beets give this treat its naturally bright color. Cacao powder adds a subtle chocolate flavor, which goes well with a hint of vanilla. The Red Velvet Nice Cream is so good, it’ll make your heart skip a beet! Pun intended.
- 5 Beet, raw
- 2 Banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Chop the frozen bananas into bite-sized pieces.
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Serve with dark chocolate chips.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.