The Ombre Green Purees has some of the healthiest vegetables for your baby. Each layer has a unique blend of veggies, along with avocado to make it nice and creamy. Pretty for the parent, and fun and delicious for the baby!
- 1/4 cup Broccoli, cooked
- 1/4 cup Spinach – steamed
- 1/4 cup Green Peas, frozen – steamed
- 1/4 cup Brussels Sprouts – steamed
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower, chopped and steamed
- 1/4 cup Asparagus, boiled and drained
- 1/4 Avocado
- Allow all ingredients to cool completely.
- To make the darkest puree, blend broccoli and spinach, adding one tablespoon of filtered water at a time if needed. Set aside.
- To make the medium puree, blend peas, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower, adding one tablespoon of filtered water at a time if needed. Set aside.
- To make the lightest puree, blend asparagus and avocado, adding one tablespoon of filtered water at a time if needed. Set aside.
- Carefully pour the puree layers on top of each other one at a time from darkest to lightest, or vice versa.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.