Pumpkins aren’t just for carving, baking, and cramming into lattes. They’re also the star of this perfectly-spiced soup that will warm you up from the inside out. This rich and creamy soup also calls for protein-packed chickpeas and a delicious blend of spices to keep you and your taste buds satisfied.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans – canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Onion, raw – sliced
- 3 Garlic, clove
- 2 cup Pumpkin Puree, canned – or one 15-oz can
- 2 cup Vegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1 tsp Ginger Root, ground
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp Clove, ground
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt – or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground – or to taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Heat oil and butter in a pot, and sauté chickpeas, onion, and garlic until soft. Mix in spices and set aside to cool.
- When cooled completely, add all ingredients except for the cream. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and add 1/2 cup of cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.