Need an energy-boosting snack? These nutrient-packed sesame bites have you covered! Made with oats, sesame seeds, flax seeds, almonds, dates, and more, these bites pack a punch of minerals, protein, and heart-healthy fats!
- 1 cupOats, rolled, gluten-free
- 3/4 cupSesame Seeds – white
- 1/2 cupFlax Seeds
- 1 cupAlmonds – pulsed
- 1/2 cupDates, pitted
- 3 tbspMaple Syrup
- 1 cupPeanut Butter, creamy, unsalted
- 1 tspCardamom, green, ground – or pure vanilla powder
- 1/4 cupSesame Seeds – black and white, for rolling outside
- Pulse oats, ¾ cup of white sesame seeds, and flax seeds to a coarse powder and set aside.
- Pulse almonds and dates to desired consistency and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, except for the 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, and mix to combine.
- Roll into bite-sized balls, roughly 1-inch in diameter.
- On a separate plate, sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of sesame seeds and roll each bite to cover the outside.
- Place bites on a baking tray or pan and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Transfer to an airtight container once hardened.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.