This creamy soup has you feeling like you’ve indulged in a high-fat soup when the reality is that there’s nothing but delicious and guilt-free ingredients! Sweet potato lends a creamy texture and a healthy dose of fiber, while a wholesome blend of spices delivers a burst of flavor. So, bundle up with a good book and a bowl of this yummy and creamy bisque.
- 1 tbspCoconut Oil
- 1/2Onion, raw – chopped
- 1 tspGinger Root, fresh – grated
- 2Garlic, clove – minced
- 2Sweet Potato, raw – diced
- 4 cupVegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1 tspThyme
- 1/2 tspCayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 tspSea Salt
- 1 tspOrange Zest
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Next, add ginger and garlic to sauté with the onions until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and mix all together. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cover to cook for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow all ingredients to cool completely to room temperature, 21°C/70°F.
- Once completely cooled, add all ingredients to the SouperBlast pitcher and extract on the 7 Minute Heated Cycle.
- Stir in orange zest before serving and enjoy!
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.