The smell of freshly picked basil takes us to an Italian kitchen, with pizza just out of the oven, fresh Caprese salad, you know, all the savory stuff. But how about an island getaway? Believe it or not, basil goes well with fruits, too, especially sweet and juicy pineapple! Pineapple and basil may sound strange at first, but it totally works! This recipe combines the tropical taste of pineapple with fragrant basil leaves for a fresh and antioxidant-rich treat! It’s sweet and refreshing, and it’ll take you to a warm, relaxing, and tropical place. Enjoy.
- 5 Basil
- 4 cup Pineapple, frozen
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Milk, vanilla, unsweetened
- Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
Recipe: Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Serving in this recipe:1
- Calories: 236.6
- Total Fat: 3.6 g 5.5%
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g 1.9%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358.7 mg 14.9%
- Total Carbs: 45.7 g 15.2%
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g 39.4%
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g 16.2%
- Vitamin A: 481.9% Vitamin C: 244.1%
- Calcium: 68.5% Iron: 26.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.